5 Ways to Keep Pets Safe on Halloween
- Dangerous Pet Costumes: If you choose to dress up your pet, clothe your dog or cat with a simple approach. Pets can become tangled in elaborate, tight-fitting costumes with strings, ties, belts, & sashes, which can lead to bodily injury!
- Halloween Decorations: If you enjoy decorating your home for Halloween, take into consideration what you are putting on display & where the decorations will be placed!
- Noise: Dogs & cats can become frightened & anxious on Halloween due to the recurrent ringing of the doorbell & the chatter outside the door. Moreover, the bombardment of strangers dressed in unfamiliar & scary costumes can alarm some pets.
- Sweet Treats: Candy and chocolate are never good for dogs or cats & there is an increased chance that your pet may consume treats meant for the trick-o-treaters! Chocolate is extremely toxic to pets & candies wrapped in plastic & other types of wrapping can lead to choking, upset stomach, or an obstruction.
- Lost Pets: Halloween isn’t an ideal time to let your dog or cat wander unattended. Be mindful that a prankster could be inspired to mess with your pet.