Meatless Monday Christmas Cauliflower
Have vegetarian relatives coming over for a Meatless Christmas Eve dinner? OR are you just trying to serve up a non traditional side dish. This Christmas Cauliflower is festively green and red and will easily brighten up a vegetarian’s Christmas Eve!
What you’ll need:
1 head cauliflower, cut up in small pieces
1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds cut out and dice
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoon pine nuts
2/3 cup sliced green olives
1-2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
cut lemons to squeeze over
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and cut the red bell pepper in half inch dice. Put chopped cauliflower and peppers into a plastic bowl and toss with olive oil, stirring so the vegetables are lightly coated with oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir again.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower and peppers are roasting, slice the olives and measure out the pine nuts and capers. Chop the parsley if using. .
- After 20 minutes, remove cookie sheet from the oven, put the cauliflower and peppers back into the same bowl, and toss with the olives, pine nuts, and capers. Spread the mixture on to the cookie sheet again and roast an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are starting to brown and the olive pieces are looking slightly cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley if you’re using it and serve hot, with a slice of lemon to squeeze over if desired.