Meatless Monday Asparagus, Snap Pea, and Avocado Pasta
This cold pasta could be the perfect touch to a Spring time get together. With Asparagus, Snap Peas and Avocado it makes for a great nutrient dense pasta dish. This Meatless Monday recipe contains healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and is loaded with fiber. It is proven that incorporating Avocados into your diet in moderation can help lower cholesterol.
What you’ll need:
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1-pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into ½ inch chunks
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1-pound bow-tie pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint, parsley or basil
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add snap peas; cook 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon or a small sieve, scoop out vegetables; transfer to a bowl.
- Return water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; set pasta aside in colander.
- In pasta pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add asparagus, snap peas, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cooked pasta, avocado, herbs, cheese, and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with additional cheese, if desired.