Skip to content
AREUFIT employs Exercise Physiologists to assist our Health Educators
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
- An individual who provides analysis, improvement, and maintenance of health and fitness through exercise
- Identifies risk for disease based on measurement and evaluation of clients
- May conduct fitness evaluations, and prescribe exercise programs for overall health maintenance
- Leading and demonstrating safe and effective methods of exercise by applying the fundamental principles of exercise science.
- Motivating individuals to begin and to continue with their healthy behaviors
- Educate clients on stages of change that may occur during a fitness program
- May also provide rehabilitation of heart disease and other chronic diseases or disabilities.
Why are Exercise Physiologists well equipped for wellness initiatives?
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified
- The mission of the American College of Sports Medicine is to promote and integrates scientific research, education, and practical applications of sports medicine and exercise science to maintain and enhance physical performance, fitness, health, and quality of life (www.acsm.org).
- Exercise physiologists are educated and trained in skeletal and muscular anatomy, biomechanics and physiology, giving them a deep understanding of the benefits exercise and a healthy weight can have on the body
- Our certified professionals must continue their education yearly, and pursue a recertification every three years to grow with the current theories and methods in exercise physiology