Meatless Monday Egg Cups
Happy Meatless Monday! For the month of September, we will be spotlighting delicious, meatless breakfast options! To start it off, here is a recipe for meatless egg cups! These are super easy to make, and you can make a bunch for the week, so they are the perfect grab and go breakfast! Pair 2 egg cups with some avocado and salsa and you will be feeling energized all morning!
1 none cooking spray
6 large egg
1/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 medium bell pepper, red
3/4 cup spinach
1 ounce cheddar cheese
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the bell pepper into small pieces. Stack the spinach leaves, roll them up, and slice them thin. (This method is called chiffonade.)
- Add the peppers, spinach, and shredded cheddar to the egg mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until centers are set and no longer runny.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.