Meatless Monday Kale Goat Cheese Pizza
A serving of this Kale Goat Cheese pizza contains 27.1 grams of protein! What an amazing way to kick off your Meatless Monday!
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 2-3 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 prepared whole wheat pizza dough, or store bought
- 1 lb tomato sauce, any favorite kind
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- On a flat surface, like your kitchen counter, place some whole wheat flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin in a rectangular shape and place the pizza dough onto a baking sheet making sure you reach the edges. My cookie sheet dimensions were 16.5 x 11.38 x 1 inches. Repeat this with the second pizza dough.
- Divide the sauce among the two pizzas making sure to spread the sauce to the edges. Divide the shredded mozzarella cheese between the two pizzas and top with the chopped kale and tomatoes followed by the goat cheese.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes. When baked, top the pizzas with some chopped red pepper flakes if desired.