Meatless Monday New Years Eve Tostones
These tostones will be the perfect touch to your New Years Eve party. Whether you are cutting meat out for the day or these just look really good, they will make everyone all around happy to bring in the New Year.
What you’ll need:
2 plantains, slightly green
1/4 cup coconut oil
salt to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. In the meantime, peel and cut the plantains: cut the ends. Run a pairing knife through the length of the plantain, separate the skin and take out the plantain. Slice into 1 inch slices.
- When the oil is hot, fry plantains slices over medium high heat, 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and set aside until they are cool enough to handle.
- Place plantain slices on a cutting board. With a heavy bottomed glass, press slightly on each side.
- Cook the plantains again on the same frying pan a few minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with bean salsa.