Meatless Monday Spicy Mango, Black Bean & Avocado Tacos
Did you know peppers are technically a fruit and they belong to the same family as potatoes and tomatoes. Plants in this family contain solanine, a poisonous substance to bugs. This spicy mango, black bean and avocado recipe will give you plenty of your fruits and vegetables on your Meatless Monday.
What you’ll need:
- 4 to 6 tortillas, lightly charred or warmed (I like La Tortilla Factory White Corn)
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 limes, divided
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili powder*
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- sliced serrano pepper and additional sriracha, for serving, optional*
- sea salt
- ⅓ cup mayo (highly recommend Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- In a small bowl, combine the black beans with 1 tablespoon of lime juice, ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Make the spicy mayo: In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and the sriracha.
- Toss the cabbage with a squeeze of lime (1 teaspoon or so) and a few pinches of salt.
- Fill each tortilla with the cabbage, avocado slices, black beans, mango, cilantro, the spicy mayo, and feta cheese. For spicier tacos, serve with sliced serrano peppers and extra sriracha. Serve with lime slices on the side.