Meatless Monday Sweet Potato Frittata
Its Meatless Monday! This frittata is packed with sweet potatoes and kale! This breakfast is the perfect way to start your morning. Sweet potatoes are filling and have a ton of fiber and vitamins in them. Adding this nutritious vegetable to your diet will improve your sugar, help with gut health and so much more! Here is how to make this beautiful frittata!
3 teaspoons coconut or olive oil, divided
1/2 cup red onion, sliced or chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups kale, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme (plus more for topping)
8 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 ounces soft goat cheese
2 cups sweet potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Spread chopped sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon of oil. Toss and then roast for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, melt remaining 2 teaspoons oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the kale and thyme cook for another minute, until kale has just wilted. Remove from heat and add roasted sweet potatoes once they’re done.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the salt and beat well with a fork.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and use the fork to press the vegetables down into the egg mixture so that the eggs cover the veggies completely. Crumble the goat cheese over the top, then place the pan in the oven and bake until the center is set and lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh thyme.